Sunday, October 10, 2010

This week in collecting Vol 2010-2 Oct 3 - 9, 2010

Here's the breakdown this week:  1 DS, 2 PS1, 1 PC,  and 3 PS3 titles.  In total, 7 new titles.  With the DS addition that brings my total DS count to 50 titles.  So that's a nice milestone!

My collection total at the end of the week is 1,412 titles.  Backloggery game count is 1,476.

Click on the images to enlarge.

Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island
After picking up Atelier Rorona I figured I'd better complete my Atelier collection.  I knew Fry's had a few in stock so I headed on over there to pick one up.

Tekken 6
This recently became a Greatest Hit title, which means that soon they will replace all the original release packaging with the nasty red box.   I figured I'd go pick one up before that happens.

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Target bargain rack.  I like Company of Heroes, so more is good.
Prototype
Another Target bargain bin item.  I've always wanted to try this one out.   It came out around the same time as Infamous and (at least in my mind) was overshadowed by it.  It's one I've always wanted to get so bargain time was a good time to pick it up.

Driver
A series I've always wanted to try.  So when I came across the first title for $3 in pretty much perfect condition, I figured, why not?  Course now I'll feel compelled to pickup the whole series...


Saiyuki: Journey West
I was really pleased to find this out in the wild.  Case and disc are in great shape, some minor warping to the cover of the manual but otherwise it's in absolutely great shape.  This was one of those post-PS2 release titles and I don't think it got a huge print run so it was nice to find it.
NHL 10
Hockey season got to me.   Needed to roll some hockey so I picked up last year's game for less than half of what I would pay for NHL 11 new.



3 comments:

  1. I am just like you in the sense that once I get one game in a series, I feel compelled to get more of the series..Nice pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Prototype at a pretty expensive price seeing as I've yet to play it. I don't think I've done that since unless I play it right away.

    Driver's world is an interesting try at what GTA would eventually succeed at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @originalKILLJOY: Yeah, I bought a Crash Bandicoot game and now, two months later, I own the whole series.

    @HartKnight: I've done that many times. I remember I bought Blue Dragon on Day 1. When I finally got around to playing it, it was $19.99 new, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete