Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Last Quarter of 2010

I can't believe that we are almost done with 2010.  We've got one more quarter left which means I've got only 3 months to meet the goals I set for myself at the outset of this year.   Some of them are pretty much out of reach at this point. 

So, where am I at at this point:

According to my count, I have 1,404 titles in my collection, which makes for 1,468 unique games (some of the titles being anthologies and such).

I had 6 goals this year:


  1. Beat or Complete 40 or more unfinished games - I'm doing okay with this goal and I think I'll be able to easily get to 40 games.  I'm at 31 games as of right now, so I only need 9 more games to finish out the year.
  2. For any console that I have 10 or more unfinished games, I have to beat at least 1 game for that console over the next year - So far so good.  I need to beat a game on the Wii and the Xbox and I'll have this goal done.
  3. Finalize game inventory - I have been doing this and have made a lot of good progress.  The PC games still need to be finalized but all other platforms are pretty much complete
  4. Finish at least 1 Zelda game - I'm working on The Legend of Zelda right now.
  5. Buy a Nintendo Entertainment System - I ended up getting a Dreamcast instead.   I'll push the NES to next year
  6. For every 2 games I acquire, I have to beat least 1 game - Ok, I'll fail on this one.  Not a chance.  I've had too many acquisitions this year to beat half of my acquisitions.
So, here's what I have planned for the rest of the year:

  • Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - I'm current playing this, I don't see any reason why it won't be beat by the end of the year.
  • Legend of Zelda (GCN) - 4/8 Triforce pieces.  Yes, it tries my patience but I should be able to complete it by the end of the year as well.
  • Klonoa (Wii) - I'm targeting this as my first Wii game to beat.
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) - I played through Ico earlier this year and really enjoyed it.  So I'm really looking forward to this one.
  • Final Fantasy III (NDS) - I'm probably close to halfway through this one, so this should be a pretty straightforward beat.
  • NCAA Football 07 (X360) - I've been told by KaiBueno that I need to beat a sports game, so this is it.  I'm going to pick a ranked team an roll a single season.
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Xbox) - I started this a while back and never finished it.  I should polish it off to knock out an Xbox platform beat.
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2) - I enjoyed the first Sly, I've heard this one takes the series to a new level.
  • Spyro the Dragon (PS1) - Old school Insomniac.  Should be a quick beat though.
I'd like to beat more than that, but that's what I'm targeting right now.

Enough posting, onto some gaming!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently playing through Sly 2: Band of Thieves. It takes everything that was great about the first game and ditches the rest and then amplifies it and adds Bentley and Murray as playable characters along with some unlockable extra abilities to boot. In other words: Sly 2 is quite a bit better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's what I've heard. I'm looking forward to it. Sly 1 was a nice starting title so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete