Sunday, July 11, 2010

June 2010 in Review

Another month has come and gone. I'm really late getting this post up tho. I'll try to do better next time. Anyway, time to take a look at damages and accomplishments!

You can mouseover images for more info, esp the trophies/achievements.

JUNE 2010 OVERALL PROGRESS


Target percentage: 80.00%
Current percentage: 84.56%
Titles needed to or to get to goal: 64

I actually made some decent progress on my backlog, taking into account titles beaten and titles acquired, I shaved off 0.32% of my backlog, or a total of 4 titles down in my goal to get to 80%.

01/01/10 : 1082
Current : 1179 --> 1183
Current : 168 --> 171
Current : 42 --> 45

games this year: 115 --> 124 (there were some adjustments this month)
games this year: 14 --> 17
games this year: 5 --> 8
to or this year: 17 --> 23
Total Games played: 19 --> 25

Target percentage beat of added titles: 50.00%
Actual percentage beat of added titles: 14.78% --> 18.55%


JUNE 2010 ACQUISITIONS



PlayStation 2

PlayStation Network

Xbox 360




JUNE 2010 GAMING ACHIEVEMENTS

Games I Beat

Final Fantasy X-2



I finished it off with the Good ending. Contrary to what many people say, this was a solid entry into the Final Fantasy series. To me it really is Final Fantasy XI. Yes, you play three females and yes they change their outfits but what this really is a a throwback to the NES and SNES era job-based Final Fantasies. They've changed up the battle system from III and V so that it's the same ATB from the more recent entries (X being the exception) but on top of that it allows you to change jobs on the fly. I really enjoyed the game and it was fitting sequel to Final Fantasy X.



Red Dead Redemption


Platform: PlayStation 3

Game of the Year. That's all that needs to be said. I'm playing again on the 360, cause it's that good.



Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All


Platform: Nintendo DS

Slow start at first, but had a great ending case. Best of case of the first two games.



Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition


Platform: PlayStation Portable

There's a lot out there who feel that Final Fantasy II is the red-headed stepchild of the Final Fantasy series. I do understand why that is said about the game but I still really enjoy it. The PSP release is, by far, the best release of the game. All new sprites, backgrounds and effects were created for this release and the game looks fantastic. I'm a huge fan of 2D games (I wish that FF III was actually released on the PSP with upgraded art rather than crappy 3D on the DS), and the game really looks great. I could have spend even more time with the game with the new additions for the PSP release (including the GBA's Soul of Rebirth addition) but opted for the Beat rather than the Complete.



June 2010 Xbox Achievements

Total : 26,288
Total June 2010 : 280



Red Dead Redemption


: 230


So far this is my GOTY. No question. I loved it so much, I played it twice.



Red Dead Redemption: Outlaws to the End Co-op Mission Pack


: 25


Co-op Mission pack and a whole new fun mode for Red Dead. Story based missions where you get to work with your buddies is full of win.



Defense Grid: The Awakening


: 50


I've been working on ing this game and have picked up a few achievements along the way. Highly recommended tower defense game.



PlayStation Trophies

Total Trophies: 476

PSN Level: 9 (44%)

Trophy Breakdown:

354 96 22 4

June 2010 Trophies:

10 0 0 0



Red Dead Redemption


June Trophies: 10


Yes, I played on this platform too.



Other Games


Dynasty Warriors 2


Platform: PlayStation 2
Musou Mode with Guan Yu

Kinda went on hold this month, but I'm planning on getting back to it in July.



Final Fantasy XII


Platform: PlayStation 2

I'm about 10 hours in on this one and so far, I'm actually liking it. I thought I was not like the loss of control or the gambit system but I'm actually enjoying it. I've still got a long way to go but so far so good.



MotorStorm: Arctic Edge


Platform: PlayStation 2
Rank 5
9 Stars
3900 Points
Next Rank at 5300

5/35 Badges
16/24 Vehicles
21/50 Customizations
7/24 Character
3/11 Media

Great game, it's missing a few graphical bells and whistles compared to it's PS3 counterparts but it nailed the feel of MotorStorm.



Super Mario Sunshine


Platform: GameCube

Because of the whole Mario Marathon, I got the itch to play some Mario. Picked up a few more Shines in June. Overall I like Sunshine, but it suffers from two things, really bad camera, and levels where I have to shoot stuff with FLUDD. Mario was at his best in Super Mario 64, and strapping FLUDD on his back has removed that "pure platforming" feel that you get with SM64. On the levels where you don't need FLUDD or only need the hover functionality, Sunshine, shines (ha, ha, ha, I'm so good!), but there are a few levels that just really drag the game down. If I want to shoot stuff with my platformer, I'll go play Ratchet.


No comments:

Post a Comment