Saturday, July 24, 2010

Poorly designed save systems

I recently fired up Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles on the DS with the thought that I was going to try and the game. All I need to do is run through the game on hard. You have to complete the game once in order to do so, which I've already done. So I clicked the New Game option was given the standard warning about loosing my existing progress. I clicked yes, and was presented with a difficulty selection screen. Hang on, the Hard option was greyed out!

Grrrr! now I've got to play through the game again on Medium just to the game.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's awful...I know I recently purchased a GBA platformer title that when I fired it up, wanted a password to access progress in the game (yea, think old school Mega Man style). This was my first experience with a GBA cart that didn't have a built in memory save and I was perplexed, disappointed and honestly ticked.

    It's one thing if there weren't memory cards or hard drives back in the NES and original Gameboy era, but a 2002 GBA title needing passwords is silly. I look to it for ease of travel, and writing down a password for a handheld seems archaic, even for a 2002 title.

    Thus, back to Gamestop it went within my 7 day return period.

    ReplyDelete