Thursday, June 3, 2010

The challenge...

I've given my son a challenge. He is always playing Mario games. Over and over and over and over again. I can't count how many times he's played Luigi's Mansion. Too many.

Not that that's bad. There's nothing inherently wrong with Mario games. But while all his friends are talking Call of Duty or Halo, his gaming experience is limited to Super Mario and Mario Kart.

He and I often times argue over who the better gamer is. He, of course, throws the 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy (two times, once with Mario and again with Luigi) or his 100% of Luigi's Mansion, but I have numerous 1000/1000 achievement games and 4 platinum trophies to wave in his face. 

So, I've given him a challege. To prove to me that he's as good as he thinks he is, he must:

  • Beat Call of Duty 2 on Veteran
  • Beat Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on Hard
  • Beat all Blacklist 15 racers in Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Beat all MotorStorm Events with a 1st place win.
  • Earn a Platinum Trophy on Prince of Persia
  • Beat Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on Sith Master difficulty
It's a nice mix of platform, racer, shooter and action.  I've done it all, but we'll see if he can.  Of course, if he does pull it off, I've got to earn all 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm not too worried.

3 comments:

  1. Those challenges are nuts! At least the ones for the three games that I have are. I haven't finished MotorStorm or Need For Speed: Most Wanted and I don't have the platinum trophy in Prince of Persia '08. The former two games are too difficult at the point I left them at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old is your son, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @HartKnight: Well, I didn't challenge him with anything that I've not done myself. So they ARE doable challenges. I didn't say they were easy, but they can be done.

    @Mamba219: He's 12. That's why I stuck with 'T' games.

    ReplyDelete