Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Quarter in Collecting - Q3 2011

I'm long overdue with my collecting posts and pic so in order to catch up, I just posting three pics, one for each month, of the game acquired for that month.  It actually takes quite a while to setup the individual pictures for each game like I've done in the past so for this period, I'm going with the group photos.  Who knows, maybe I'll post some collection vids of my box sets, down the road.  Anyway, here pics for Q3 2011!  Click on the picture to see view at the full resolution.

July 2011

 

Yes, I picked up the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition in July.  And because I waited so long, I got a great deal on it.  Best Buy had it on sale for $10 less than the standard edition.  Who ho!

What else did it get?

  • Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3)
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS3)
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (NDS)
  • The Conduit Collector's Edition (Wii)
  • Endless Ocean (Wii)
  • Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (PSP)
  • Rayman (PS1)
  • Vandal Hearts II (PS1)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (PS3) - not pictured
August 2011

 
The big pickup for August was Catherine: Love is Over edition.   I wasn't originally planning on picking this up but it seemed to be just too unique to pass up, so I had my local GS manager track one down for me.

And the other titles?
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game (X360)
  • Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii)
  • Medal of Honor: Vanguard (PS2)
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters (NDS)
  • Armored Core: For Answer (PS3)
  • Cross Edge (PS3)
  • Incredible Hulk (PS3)
  • NHL 08 (PS3)
  • Medal of Honor (PS3)
  • Scooby Doo! Night of 1000 Frights (PS2)
  • Scooby Doo! Mystery Mayhem (PS2)
  • Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (PS2)
  • The Operative: No One Lives Forever (PS2)
  • Loco Roco 2 (PSP)
  • Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP)
  • Death Jr (PSP)
  • Death Jr II: Root of Evil (PSP)
  • The 3rd Birthday (PSP)
September 2011

 
September was the biggest month this quarter, at least from a collection standpoint with the addition of 3 separate box set additions, Disgaea 4 and Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (not pictured) for the PS3 and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin for the PSP.

And a bunch o' other stuff:
  • God of War Origins Collection (PS3)
  • Resistance 3 (PS3)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (PS3) - Imported this on disc so I now have all the R&C games on disc
  • Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike (Xbox)
  • Scooby Doo! Unmasked (PS2)
  • Sports Champions (PS3)
  • Battlefield Bad Company (PS3)
  • Gear of War 3 (X360)
  • Crackdown 2 (X360)
  • Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico (Xbox)
  • Amped 2 (Xbox)
  • Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
  • Knights of the Nightmare (PSP)
  • Maken X (DC)
Well, that's it for Q3.  Q4's got some great titles in store with Batman, Uncharted, and another Assassin's Creed in the mix.

4 comments:

  1. Nice hauls in each of those months! I was thinking a while back that I might pick up the PSP version of Knights in the Nightmare mainly because the art for that game is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite jealous about a number of those... namely VHII - I love the game but don't own it...

    HB:AAL is a great game in the like of PW:AA series but based off a much more awesome television series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite game Donkey Kong Country . This game is the graphics and gameplay of the previous Donkey Kong. The plot of this game is that Kremlin kidnapped Donkey Kong and Diddy and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. @usagi: Thx, I almost bought Knight on the DS but when I found out they were doing a PSP version I decided to wait for it, but then I got distracted and forgot about it for awhile until recently.

    @Waffle: Yeah I like the PW series so I figured since HB is in the same style it might be a fun diversion, I picked it up new for $0.99 so it was a no brainer.

    @acekard: Hopefully I'll be playing that soon. I'm working my way through all my SNES title, right now it's LoZ: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid is after that followed shortly by Donkey Kong Country. And I agree, the rendered graphics hold up well even today.

    ReplyDelete