Friday, May 2, 2014

This Month in Collecting: April 2014

Another month has come and gone and so, I close this month with my This Month in Collecting: April 2014 edition.  Again, trying to get back into the swing of things so here goes.

Below is everything I picked up in the month of April.  Clicky the pics for larger images!

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
I already have this on the Vita, so when they re-released it and ported to the PS3 with additional content I opted for that version.   The Vita re-release was a nice box set with a soundtrack but I already have that from the initial release so I decided to go for the big boy version.   Total impulse buy as well.   I dig the cover art and that the manual cover art isn't just the cover regurgitated.


Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
I loved Batman: Arkham Origins so much that as I was wrapping it up, I decided I needed more Batman, so went out and found a copy of Blackgate.   And here it is:



Conception II
Okay, yeah, I got this, so what.  The marketing got to me and it seemed so odd and had the limited edition packaging and Atlus!  The box was odd for a Vita game, it's actually the same as the 3DS box, but they put the vita case in sideways so it will fit with the same dimensions and art orientation.



Blazing Angels 2
Got this as part of a sale (I think, there was a few titles this month I picked up during Gamestop's B2G1 promo).  I like the first one so hey why not pick up the second.



Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Picking yet another sequel on the cheap...


Risen 2
RPG with pirates?  Yeah I'll give that a shot!


FEAR 3
Needed this to finish off the FEAR trilogy...




Dead Space 3
...and needed this to finish off the Dead Space trilogy.  Poor effort on EA's part with the manual insert.  Can't even make it color? Weak.



Split/Second
Played the demo of this when it came out a while ago and always wanted to get it but just never got around to it.




Transformers: War for Cybertron
Hear it was good.   Part of a B2G1 acquisition



Crysis 3
Another end to a trilogy and a crappy non-color insert from EA.  Boo.



Demon Gaze
Etrian Odyssey-like dungeon crawling on my Vita?  I'm in!



Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Best Buy had a bunch of games on sale for dirt cheap.  So I picked up this:


Sleeping Dogs
And this:


The Amazing Spider-Man
I'm a sucker for super hero movie tie-in.  They are my kryptonite.



HAWX 2
Last set of B2G1 acquistions:



Warriors Orochi 3
Another trilogy completed (collection-wise that is)



Serious Sam Collection
Loved Serious Sam on the PC; thought this might be fun





So that's a grand total of 18 physical games for the month.

That's it for the month of April!  I'll see you next month for May's totals and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment