Monday, April 28, 2014

Final Fantasy - The Quest for Completion

I recently started replaying both Final Fantasy I, Origins edition.   After I played it years ago, I told myself, that one day, I would replay it and complete it.

What does this mean for Final Fantasy I?  Well, I'm playing the Origins PS1 version which had two difficulty settings Easy and Normal.   Easy allowed you to collect a ton of spell points (up to 99 for the lower levels), less XP was required to level up and everything cost more.   That's the version I have beaten, so to go for the Completion I decided to a few things:
  1. Play the game on Normal which follows the NES 'rules' (without the annoying 'missed' when you target and enemy and it dies before you hit it).
  2. Fill the Items list to 100%
  3. Fill the Bestiary to 100%  This will likely prove the hardest to do as it requires me to run into Warmech which in my various playthroughs prior to this, I never have.
So only three requirements, not too bad.  Anyone out there fight Warmech before?   Is he hard?  Should I add Lv 99 as a completion requirement?  Any other requirement I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment