Friday, April 8, 2011

This month in collecting - March 2011

It was a great month in collecting for me as I was able to finally bring one of my consoles, the Nintendo GameCube, to a collecting close.  I now have every title that I've ever really wanted for the GameCube, so...it's DONE!

Below is everything I picked up in the month of March.  As always, you can click the picture for a larger view.

Astonishia Story
I have been eyeing this game for I don't know how long.  Probably since it was release way back in 2006.  I kept skipping over it again and again and again.   Then I noticed that I was seeing it less and less and less.  So when I happened upon a nice, clean used copy, I picked it up.  I'm still looking for a new UMD as the disc cover is a bit beat up and looks like it might fall apart anytime soon.  So that's a bummer, but since I have the case and manual, finding a disc won't be as hard.


Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Here's another 2006 game that somehow escaped from me.   With this addition to my collection, I think the only Tekken game I'm missing now is the original Tekken.


Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Found this in almost perfect condition and after doing a little research into what it was, I just had to pick it up.  Mickey hardly ever stars in his own game and I'm a fan of adventure game so I decided to add this one to the collection.


Batman: Vengeance
I never really followed the Batman cartoon very much but after playing Arkham Asylum my Batman radar got piqued a bit.  The movies are fine but I've always preferred the cartoon Batman.   Vengeance looked like a pretty cool Batman title (probably not on par with AA but still looks cool).


Trinity Universe
So found a nice brand new copy of this and was just testing out my Amazon app on my iPhone that lets you scan a bar code and check the price when I found that Amazon no longer sells this new.  Not only that but the new copies on the Z-Shops were upwards of $70.   I popped over and check the prices on eBay and found the same thing.   As this was in my, "Evenutally going to get" category, I figured I'd better get before it was gone.

Saints Row 2
I like sandbox games of all kinds.


Arc Rise Fantasia
This game looked pretty cool, got decent ratings and happened to be the last one left.  Oh and it was cheap.



Shiren the Wanderer
Call me a masochist, but there's a part of me that really likes hard RPGs.  So when I found out that this is a Rogue-like, I became interested.   I've held off on purchasing it for months but the price finally got good and I had to add it to the collection.


Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
I own the other two box sets fo Ar tonelico on the PS2 so there was no way I was going to let this one go.  It came in a nice box with the game, an art book, and the soundtrack.





Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Just trying to keep my GTA collection complete. 


Dissidia: Final Fantasy
I keep seeing a lot of people playing and enjoying this on Backloggery, so I figured I ought to pick it up.  It's now in the bargain price for PSP titles so it wasn't too painful.


Trauma Team
Even though I've not finished it (cause it got too hard) I really liked the concept and everything behind the Trauma Center games on the DS and Wii.   This one look really cool and seemed to do a good job with everything so I've wanted it from the day it was released.  Well, I got it new on the cheap so that's a win.


Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
This game comes highly recommended from Wafle.   I after a bit of research, I decided to get it despite the negative reviews.   A couple of things I kept hearing from those that liked it was that it was a bit more realistic than most mech sims (most likely the source of many negative reviews) and therefore, in my opinion, probably a bit more fun (but harder).

Donkey Konga 2
Last, but definitely not least was the final addition of the month and the final addition to my GameCube collection, Donkey Konga 2.   With this addition, I completed my GameCube collection.  In other words, I have every GameCube title that I've ever wanted.  Who knows, maybe I'll add something new down the road, but for now, it is complete.


That's it for the month of March!  I'll see you next month for April's totals and Happy Collecting!

1 comment:

  1. nice selection of things...

    I really like the saints row series... the GTA series I've never enjoyed... but I love that saints just goes into the whole thing like a joke and plays so arcady that it's hilarious... GTA takes itself too seriously... and never did make a decent aiming system... or a swimming character.


    Trinity Universe looks great, I'll add it to my "to get" as well.


    Ar tonelico lost me with installment 1...

    s lot of Wii and GCN gmaes... I wish I had more of those than I do... but I never touch the Wii... and GCN games demand higher prices than I like to pay...


    as for my very own mention in MSG:CF - I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did... the first playthroughs are sort of difficult at times... but if you chose to play again with carried over stats and mechs then it's really quite enjoyable... plus it unlocks enemy suits.

    ReplyDelete