Sunday, September 12, 2010

The new goal

I've resigned myself to the fact now that I'll never be able to Beat all of the games in my backlog. For a while, I had set out to at least get a certain percentage Beat. I'm now going to modify my backlog goals into something a bit more manageable. This whole I idea came out of an ongoing (over several months really) discussion about backlogs with Mamba219.

So instead of a flat percentage goal, I'm going to shoot for getting a platform Beaten. This way, I can show some tangible progress, without limiting my collection needs. Once I've Beaten a given platform, I have to maintain that status, so any additions to my collection for a platform that has been previously Beaten, will get priority. After a platform has been Beaten, I'll pick another platform and start in on that one.

So, I may never be able to defeat the Baklaag. But at least I'll be able to harm him!

To start, it's going to be the SNES. Right now I've got a total of 6 games on that platform, so it's definitely doable.

Here's what's on the schedule then (in order of release):

Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Illusion of Gaia
Donkey Kong Country
Chrono Trigger


Kinda works out nice as it alternates between a platformer and an RPG (and yes I'm counting Zelda as an RPG for the purposes of this statement so don't bug me about it).

Game On!

No comments:

Post a Comment