Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This Month in Collecting: Last 3 months edition...

Crap, I've been a slacker so it's time to get updated.    I kept thinking that I've not picked up much over the last little bit, and perhaps relative to previous years that is correct, but still over the last 3 months, I did pick up a decent amount so I'll get this all updated.  I'm listing everything in the order in which it was purchased.

As always, click the pics for larger images.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
I've been needing to get a copy of this for a long time.   I kept thinking that I'd eventually pick it up and then I noticed that Nintendo had started releasing the game without the red case and the collector in me freaked out.   Had to find a complete copy, with the red case and in good condition.   And here it is:


Mugen Soul Z
I honestly didn't really know anything about this other than it's a sequel to the first one (which I have but haven't played yet.   This was a straight up collecting acquisition.   Oh and it's the first PS3 game I've purchased that has the blue PS3 bar instead of the black bar.


ZombiU
I don't own a WiiU, but hey, it was $5 ($10 @ Best Buy plus I used a $5 coupon).


The Conduit 2
 I've been kinda focused bit lately on finishing off my Wii collection.   I've only got a handful of titles that I still want and this was one of them, so yay!  Apparently this is a Limited Edition version (is there any other kind for this game?) but I didn't know that until I was taking the pictures.   Looks like it adds an art book.



Donkey Kong Country Returns
Again, another Wii title but this also serves to help finish off my Donkey Kong Country collection (still needs 3 on the SNES, well and Freeze but since that is new AND I don't own a WiiU it doesn't count, yet).


Kid Icarus: Uprising
I totally forgot about this game for some reason and then one day I realized that I didn't have it.   Only to find out that apparently, it's a bit difficult to find, it's sitting at $60 on Amazon new and that just isn't right.   So I found a used copy and all is well in the world.

Now, I'm generally against this whole trend with cases having holes in them to make them lighter and eco friendly (mostly due it it reducing stability of the packaging) but at least Nintendo did something cool with it.


Dead Island: Riptide: Special Edition
I find the concept of Dead Island a bit funny.  I guess it's that morbid side of me.  Not sure what's special about this Special Edition other than there's some digital download crap.


Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Yet another glaring hole in my collection.   Picked this up only to find that my Wii is one of those few that can't stomach dual-layer DVDs.   Well, I'm not going to bother replacing my Wii.   I'll just play it on my WiiU once I get one.   I might try a lens cleaner and see if that clears it up but my Wii isn't hooked to any TV right now.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
Cause I own every single domestic release of the Atelier game (ever since Iris).


Gears of War: Judgement
I used to love the Gears of War games.   I've played all three but Gears 3 just kinda lost me.   It was so over the top drama that I ended up laughing.   It was trying to act all mature and saying, "Look at me! I'm a legitimately dramatic game!  Someone died!  Now you are supposed to cry cause I'm playing that Tears for Fears song again."  So, I hadn't really bothered with this game as a result.  But it was on sale on Amazon for $10 so here it is.   And it's also the only Xbox 360 game I've purchased since April.


Drakengard 3
Who doesn't want to play a game with a girl who has a flower for an eye?   Oh and it was on sale.   This is my second blue bar PS3 game.


Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Ah Disgaea.   This is the most recent release in my Disgaea collection.


Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Yes, a Call of Duty game.   I don't hate Call of Duty.   I do have fun with them when I play but unlike the old Call of Duty games (really just the first couple), the later ones are more Michael Bay than Spielberg.   That doesn't mean they're not fun, they've just gone a different direction than I would have liked.

Tearaway
Kept hearing good things about this and then notice that the price was getting higher at everywhere but Gamestop, which was selling it for $20.


Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Again, kept seeing too much positive on this game for me to avoid it.  And the second game was soon to be released.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Filling in the Mario collection.   I recently finished New Super Mario Bros on the DS and thought it was well done and thought that I needed to get on the ball with the other Mario games.


Super Mario 3D Land
Same as above


Killzone: Shadow Fall
Don't own a PS4, yet.   Gamestop had this on sale new for $20 and I liked the previous Killzone titles so...

Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Total impulse buy.   Probably should have waited but hey, it's here now.


Tales of Xillia 2: Collector's Edition
I couldn't pass on this one.   Such a great CE.   Soundtrack, art book, game, compass-thingy, and figure.   He'll stand nicely with my Tales of Xillia figure from the last CE.  Here's a bunch of pics of the CE:

Oh and I got the Strategy guide to go with.




Super Mario Kart
I've been wanting this game for a while now.  So I finally pulled the trigger.


Giants: Citizen Kabuto
I've been looking for this awhile.   I played this on my PC a long while ago and it's quite funny as well as fun.   Since I generally play on consoles now I thought it would be fun to have it on the PS2, so now I do.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection
I was originally going to pass on this game but after reading some reviews an finding out that it was a parody of the idol games, I thought it might be funny.   So now I have it.


Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth1
You know, these are really weird games and probably not for everyone but I think they are kinda funny.



And that list was waaaay bigger than I thought it was.   It's odd cause I really didn't think I added all that much over the last few months.   Guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment