Friday, February 10, 2012

2012, The Year of the RPG

So the past few years I had set some rather lofty goals in terms of gaming.  Last year, for example, I set a goal to beat 50 games.  That took some serious game time to pull off.

For 2012, I'm going a different direction.  This year, it won't be about quantity at all.   Out of necessity, in order to meet the target number in 2011, I deliberately avoided RPGs.   This year however, I think it's going to be all about RPGs.

I took a look at my library and decided that there's a whole mess of RPGs that I really want to play.   So that's pretty much it, 2012 will be the Year of the RPG.   So what's on my list?   These are the RPGs I'd like to play.   I am not saying that I am going to beat all of these, rather, I just want to play them and if I don't get to them all, that's probably cause I was having a great time with some of the others on the list:

So here is it roughly in the order that I want to tackle it:
  • Demon's Souls (well I already did this in January, but it was a 2012 beat)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
  • Borderlands
  • Suikoden II
  • Wild Arms: Alter Code F
  • Tales of Destiny
  • Fable
  • Xenogears
  • Folklore
On the handheld I'd like to beat:
  • Star Ocean: First Departure
  • Final Fantasy IV (DS version)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  • Etrian Odyssey
And one final thing I'd like to do is actually get a C on a Final Fantasy game so I've decided I'm going to, at some point this year, Complete Final Fantasy I.   I'll be playing the Origins version on Hard.  And I have to get 100% on the Beastiary and unlock all the art to do so.

And that's it!  No other goals or anything.  Just a bunch of games I want to play.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! The majority of my games are RPGs, and therefore the majority of my games are also unbeaten. I'm planning on beating every Kingdom Hearts game this year, starting with BBS which I finished in January. I'm playing XIII-2 now though, so that'll take a while.

    Good work beating Demon Souls too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Demon's Souls was one is a great game and I can see why it got the praise that it did.

      Yes I too love RPGs (and I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed XIII) so I'm really looking forward to my game plan for this year.

      Do you have your collection listed anywhere?

      Delete
    2. I actually loved XIII. I never understood all the hate for it.

      My collection's over on Backloggery, but it's nowhere near as impressive as yours - and I've only recently started tracking my finished games, so the ones on that list are only my recently beaten ones. You can check it out here if you want:

      http://www.backloggery.com/TheTyro

      I'm hoping to almost double my collection by the end of the year though.

      Delete
  2. man, I wish I could finish that many games... I never have time anymore... also, I'm SO jealous of your shelves it hurts lol

    ReplyDelete