Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This month in collecting - January 2011

Well, I skipped December 2010 so too bad. Here's the damage from January:

Click on the images to enlarge.

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
This I believe was the only Broken Sword that I didn't have.  Strangely enough each of the Broken Sword games I have is on a different console.  I is on the Wii, II is on the PS1 (below) and III is on the Xbox.  That really bugs me.


Tekken 2
Now I just need the original Tekken and I'm good with 1-6.  Boo-yah!  It's a GH version but what are you going to do.


Breath of Fire III
I've been told that this is the best Breath of Fire game out there.  Found it this month and decided to pull the trigger.  Not too happy about the number (a backwards 6?) on the disc but it won't impact the playability.


Ys: The Oath in Felghana Premium Edition
I acquired this to go along with the Ys: Seven Premium Edition.  That's pretty much it.


Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
I've been wanting to play this for a while now.  Everyone that I know that has played it thinks it's fantastic.

King's Bounty: Armored Princess
I didn't even know there was an expansion to King's Bounty.  Found it dirt cheap new so I picked it up.


Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
I had to see what this is all about.  So far it's pretty dang funny, as in, I was laughing out loud.  I forgot to get a picture of this one.  Oh well.



Nier
Gamestop was unloading these for pretty cheap, I read some reviews and it seems kinda interesting to me so I'll give it a whirl.


Skate 2
Again, this was on the cheap, and I really like the whole concept of the game.  I generally stay away from most games like this but for some reason both SSX and Skate have found their way into my collections (and in my brain they are basically the same thing).


Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
I'm pretty much done with my GameCube collection, but for the last set I thought I'd pickup a unique set that required the Bongos to play.  I picked up the Bongos, and found two games.  Now I just need Donkey Konga 2.






Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
So I like this game, it's a good shooter/RPG hybrid that plays a bit like World of Warcraft.  I wanted all the DLC and I decided that it would be cheaper to sell my current copy of Borderland and buy the GOTY edition.


Dynasty Warriors Advance
I like Dynasty Warriors so when I found a nice brand new copy of this at Best Buy, I couldn't resist.  I think at this point the only Dynasty Warriors titles that don't have are Dynasty Warriors, Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends and Dynasty Warriors DS.


Metal Slug Anthology
7 Games on 1 disc?  C'mon, that's a steal.  I picked this up on the PSP cause well I just feels right on there for some reason.  Now I need to track down a copy of Metal Gear XX.


Two Worlds
It can't be that bad can it?



Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Okay, yes I know that this is no Uncharted, but I played through the first part using KaiBueno's copy and guess what, I had fun.  So there you go.


Overlord II
Cheap, on sale, needed to get it.  Well, not necessarily need...

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Valkyrie Profile was solid game and a nice take on the RPG genre.  I know that this plays totally different that it's elder sisters but I'm interested enough in the world to give it a go.


Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Castlevania is one of those strange series that I collect but yet have never beaten a single title, for that matter I've barely even played them.  Hmm, that sounds like a 2012 yearly goal coming up...


Suikoden Tierkreis
I have every other Suikoden title so I can't leave this one out, can I?


I picked up a few download only titles too.  Not really 'collectible' but they are still games that I now own.

I Love Katamari
I do, I really do, but this game is much harder than it's console counterparts.  Partly due to the tilt control isn't quite so perfect (though arguably more 'realistic') and partly because the items available to roll up seem a bit more scarce.  Still a solid game for the iPhone.


TanZen
Okay, this was a total whim of a purchase.  It was only $0.99.   Basically I just have to fit a set of pieces (two big triangles, one medium triangle, two small triangles, a square, and a parallelogram into predefined shapes.  There's 522 shapes in the whole game.  It'll take a while to beat.



Comet Crash
As you may or may not know, I like Tower Defense games.  So when this one went on sale as part of the PSN 11 at 11 deal, well I couldn't resist.


I think I went overboard this month.

3 comments:

  1. wow lots of cool games you got this month.

    I traded in my copy of Dragon Age Origins for the Ultimate Edition great deal for the expansion and dlc. I also collect the Castlevania games and never seem play them much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of cool stuff there!

    I have a version of every Tekken release including the slightly strange, but still pretty good Tekken Advance.

    Castlevania is one of my all-time favorite franchises. Order of Ecclesia is a solid entry, but much more grind heavy than any other Symphony of the Night style game in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Dynasty Warriors, but if I had come across that same new copy of the GBA version I would've probably bought it anyway. I did that same thing with Dead to Rights on GBA despite it being a crap game.

    ReplyDelete